In Addition to the information provided below, also reference THECB's guidelines.
Undergraduate degree program changes are changes to degree programs or degree titles that must be approved or acknowledged by THECB, such as:
- adding a degree program or degree title;
- increasing/decreasing the number of hours required by a degree program;
- deleting a degree program or degree title;
- renaming a degree program or degree title; and
- moving a degree program or degree title from one academic unit to another.
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB)
- THECB notification for decreasing the number of hours required (EVCAA+)
- Substantive changes require approval from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools’ Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
All proposals are submitted electronically by the college to the Office of the General Faculty with both the Impact Statement and the corresponding marked-up section of the Catalog copy provided to you by the Registrar's Office. ALL degree program changes require completion of one or more THECB forms to be submitted to the provost's office.
Adding a New Degree Program
- Colleges and Schools must fill out 2 forms for a proposed new degree:
- 30-day notification period to public institutions within a 50-mile radius is required. The Provost’s Office will manage the notification process.
Increasing or Reducing Semester Credit Hours
Changing the Name of a Degree Program
Consolidating Degree Programs