To be held via Zoom. If you are not a Council member but would like to attend the meeting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom room ID and password.
Reports of Standing Committees
- A-1 Committee of Counsel on Academic Freedom and Responsibility Presentation on Faculty Council Priorities—Steve Vladeck (Committee Chair; Professor, School of Law)
- A-5 Faculty Welfare Committee Presentation on Faculty Council Priorities—Stuart Reichler (Committee Chair; Associate Professor of Practice, College of Natural Sciences)
- Vote on Report of the Committee to Nominate Faculty Members for Appointment to the University of Texas at Austin Police Department Oversight Committee (D 19489)—Jen Moon
- Classroom Disruptions— Charlotte Canning and Katie McGee (Executive Director of Student Conduct and Academic Integrity, Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs)
- ChatGPT and Similar Programs—Charlotte Canning and Art Markman (Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, Extended Education Ventures)
Announcements & Comments
- The eighth meeting of the Faculty Council will be held on April 17 at 2:15 PM via Zoom.
- The annual Joint Meeting of Faculty Leadership of UT Austin and Texas A&M will be held April 4, 2023, via Zoom. All Council members are encouraged to attend.
- Use the Election System to cast your ballot for the Faculty Council and standing committee elections. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
- Election instructions for the Undergraduate Studies Advisory Committee will be distributed by email tomorrow.