To be held via Zoom (if you are not a Council member but would like to attend the meeting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom room ID and password)
Business & Legislation
- Bachelor of Science in Economics: New Degree Program Presentation and Vote (D 18968-18971)—Jason Ira Abrevaya (Professor, Economics) and Thomas E Wiseman (Department Chair and Professor, Economics)
- Academic Calendar Changes Vote (D 18911-18936)—Tim Shanahan (University Academic Calendar Committee Chair and Associate Professor, Geological Sciences), and Mark Simpson (Assistant Vice Provost and University Registrar)
- Exam Policy Changes Vote (D 18937-18939)—Kristin Harvey (Education Policy Committee Chair and Associate Professor of Instruction, Statistics and Date Sciences)
- Resolution in Support of Funding Testing Spaces Vote (18940-18942)—Kristin Harvey (Education Policy Committee Chair and Associate Professor of Instruction, Statistics and Date Sciences)
- Report on Task Force for Difficult Dialogues – Anthony Brown (Task Force Chair and Professor, Curriculum and Instructions)
- Integrating Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) Recommendations into Teaching – Brian Evans (Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering)
Announcements & Comments
- The Inauguration of President Jay Hartzell and the State of the University address will be held Friday, September 24.
- The annual meeting of the General Faculty will be held on October 18 at 2:15 PM via Zoom and will be immediately followed by the second meeting of the Faculty Council.
- Civitatis Award nominations due in the Office of the General Faculty by October 15.
- Faculty Council members’ Grievance Hearing Pool representatives are due in the Office of the General Faculty.