Faculty Council Meeting: Zoom, 2:15 PM
Approval of Minutes
- Minutes of the Special Faculty Council Meeting of May 4, 2020 (D 18226-18235).
- Minutes of the Regular Faculty Council Meeting of July 13, 2020 (D 18316-18321).
Business & Legislation
- Proposed Land Acknowledgment to be Adopted by The University of Texas at Austin (D 18514-18518)—Luis E. Cárcamo-Huechante (Associate Professor and Director, Program in Native American and Indigenous Studies) and Circe Sturm (Professor, Anthropology).
- Update from the COVID Planning Executive Committee—Charlotte Canning (Professor, Theatre and Dance, and Past Chair, Faculty Council)
- Update on Current Struggles Facing Students During the COVID-19 Pandemic—Kouang Chan (Student Ombudsperson and Director).
- Best Practices for Teaching with Rigor and Compassion in Era of COVID-19 Pandemic— Matthew R. Russell (Faculty Development Specialist – Online and Blended Learning, and Lecturer, Rhetoric and Writing).
Announcements & Comments
- The State of the University Address has been postponed until the spring.
- Civitatis Award nominations due in the Office of the General Faculty by October 16.
- Faculty Council members’ Grievance Hearing Pool representatives due in the Office of the General Faculty.
- The annual meeting of the General Faculty will be held on October 12 at 2:15 pm via Zoom and will be immediately followed by the second meeting of the Faculty Council.